Monday, July 20, 2015

Cambodia meets Taiwan

Back in senior year of college, when I was fundraising to go to Jordan, my lovely friend Tiffany was fundraising to go to Taiwan. For the past two years, Tiffany has been living, teaching English, and participating in the Church in Taipei. Since I moved to Cambodia last fall, the two of us have been trying to plan a vacation together, but we are both terrible advanced planners. So, we ended up last minute deciding that I needed to go visit her since she is returning to the States at the end of July. So, last month I took my last week of vacation time for the year (don't worry; my year restarts in September) to go hang out with Tiffany in Taipei, Taiwan. This was my first trip to an East Asian country other than Cambodia, I was amazed how developed and different Taiwan was from Cambodia. I had an amazing time running around the city with Tiffany, going on late night adventures, exploring the mountains that border the city, and learning about a new place and culture. I even had the opportunity to meet  and catch up with a classmate from my study abroad in Northern Ireland while I was there. It was a joy and a privilege to get to see a bit of what Tiffany's life has been like for the past two years. While, I am very sad that she is leaving me as the only one of our friend group on this side on the world, I am excited to see what God has in store for her next and in the years to come.


Taipei

Taipei
Trying snake blood, venom, and bile

Eating mango shaved ice

Fuzhoushan Park

View of Taipei 101 from Fuzhoushan Park

Midnight hike in Fuzhoushan Park

Chiang Kai-shek Memorial

Chiang Kai-shek Memorial



Art in the subway

MaoKong Gondola

Taipei 101

Taipei 101
Taipei 101
National Palace Museum
First play in two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment